The Omamori Amulet Kogatana is one of the newest knife designs from the Nagao Kanekoma Factory in Miki-shi, Hyogo, Japan (maker of the Higonokami). The blade is shaped like a katana. It’s sheath is like an omamori (Japanese amulet), thus its name. It’s made of Aogami/Blue Steel (high carbon steel) in the sanmai (warikomi) construction.
The sheath is wrapped in kimono fabric and the tang/handle is wrapped in paracord. The kimono fabric and paracord come in random colors and design. So no two Omamori Amulet Kogatana are alike. This means, we only have one of each designs and colors.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to the nature of the production of this knife, there will be some slight imperfections on the blade.
• Blade Material: Aogami/Blue Steel (high carbon steel)
• Blade lamination: Sanmai (warikomi)
• Edge: Fully-sharpened
• Treatment: Hand Forged, Through Hardened, Heat Treated & Tempered, Water Quenched
• Overall length: 120mm
• Blade Length: 80mm
• Tang/Handle: Wrapped in paracord (comes in random colors)
• Case: Kimono fabric (comes in random colors and designs)
• Imported directly from Nagao Kanekoma Factory, Miki-shi, Hyogo, Japan
• Specs may slightly vary from knife to knife