CHECK OUT THE 2011 SLASH A POSE ENTRIES
THE WINNERS FOR THIS YEAR’S CONTEST
Most number of “likes”:
Runner Ups (in no particular order):
Renate Gouveia from Quezon City
Karen Bernadette Vergara from Iloilo City
Kimberly de Felipe from Iloilo City
Francisco Reyes from Ateneoville, Marikina
Ramiel Maquimot from San Pascual, Batangas
Bonus Prize (best write up): Cam Yu from Ozamiz City
Grab a sword and take a photo. It can be any style of Japanese sword (katana, wakizashi, or tanto) of any brand or make. You can also use a bokken or a bamboo shinai, or make your own sword out of wood, cardboard, plastic, steel, or any material. But make sure it’s very well made and must be clearly visible in the photo. Otherwise, your entry will not be included. Knives, machetes, bolos are not allowed. We encourage you to wear a costume, martial arts uniform, kimono, or whatever you can think of, use other props, or go in a group and then strike your best pose and take a photo. Try to be as creative and unique as possible.
HOW TO JOIN
• No purchase or payment of any consideration is required to enter the contest.
• Participants must email their best “Slash a Pose” photo entry to [email protected] with “Slash a Pose 2011” as the subject title. Don’t forget to include your name, age, and location.
• Your email address should be associated with your Facebook account.
• Include a title and a write up (max of 100 words and with our name “Geisha’s Blade”) describing your photo entry.
• Participant may submit only 1 photo entry.
• Photo entry should be free of watermarks and other markings and should not contain any borders. You can digitally alter/enhance the background and the model, but not the sword. If we think that the sword has been digitally added in the photo, we would require you to send us a high resolution photo of the sword used in your entry.
• Photo should be in JPG format with resolution of 800×600 (landscape) or 600×800 (portrait) at most and should be less than 1mb in size.
• Entries should be the original work of the participants. The model appearing in the photo should be the one who submitted the entry. Or you can use a model, but make sure you provide us proof that you personally know each other. Being friends on Facebook is not sufficient proof. No other entity has rights, claims or interests on the submitted photos.
• Submitted photos shall be exclusive to this contest and should not be used for other contests.
• Contest is open to Philippine residents only and should be at least 16 years of age.
• Entries that did not meet the requirements stated above will be disqualified.
SUBMISSION AND DEADLINE OF ENTRIES
Contest starts on September 15, 2011. All entries must be emailed to [email protected] with the subject title “Slash a Pose 2011”. Deadline of submission entries is until 11:59pm of October 30, 2011. As soon as entries are received and validated, they will be uploaded on Geisha’s Blade Facebook page to an album exclusively for this contest. Entries uploaded on the “Wall” page are not valid.
HOW TO WIN
• Your entry should have at least 10 likes and must tag at least 5 friends.
• Participant may only win once.
• 1 winner will be chosen with the most number of “likes” on their entry.
• 1 winner will be chosen based on the number of points earned.
• 1 winner will be randomly drawn.
• 1 winner will be chosen by Geisha’s Blade.
• The 1st winner will be the one whose entry has the most number of likes. The 2nd winner will be chosen based on the number of points. The 3rd winner will be randomly drawn.
• Criteria for judging (points system)
– 20 points Sword
– 30 points Costume/uniform/props
– 20 points Background
– 20 points Creativity
– 10 points Originality
• For the random draw, the name of participants will be written on a piece of paper, folded/rolled, placed in a bowl and will be drawn at random. This will be recorded in video and uploaded on the official Facebook page of Geisha’s Blade.
• The winning entries for the “points system” and “Geisha’s Blade Choice” will be judged entirely in the sole and absolute discretion of Geisha’s Blade. Decisions are final and irrevocable.
• Winners may not request substitutions of prize winnings.
1. Kenpachi Zaraki Zanpakuto Katana 1050 Anime Series (most number of likes)
2. Renji Abarai Zabimuru Zanpakuto Katana 1050 Anime Series (points system)
3. Urahara Kisuke Benihime Zanpakuto Katana 1050 Anime Series (random draw)
4. Kuro Suzaku (Dark Phoenix) Katana 1050 Folded Series (Geisha’s Blade Choice)
5. Momiji Tanto 1050 Series (best write up and Geisha’s Blade Choice runner ups)
Winners will be announced on the official Facebook page of Geisha’s Blade on November 8, 2011. They will also be notified through private message via their Facebook account or through their personal emails.
CLAIMING OF PRIZE
Winner/s residing in Metro Manila can claim their prize at our booth during the UP AME: Monogatari event on November 12, 2011 at the World Trade Center. Winner/s outside Metro Manila will be shipped to your mailing address free of charge.
RIGHTS OVER THE SUBMITTED PHOTOS
Winning entries/photos will automatically be a property of Geisha’s Blade and may be used in the website and/or other promotional materials. You acknowledge and agree that the entry you submitted be made available by Geisha’s Blade for viewing, rating, reviewing, and commenting by the public.
Remember, be creative and unique. Wear a costume or anything that you can think of, use other props, or go in a group. Have fun, enjoy, and good luck!
This contest is not in any way associated, sponsored, endorsed by Facebook. Information are directly provided to Geisha’s Blade and not to Facebook.
Geisha’s Blade shall not be responsible for any and all forms of use, misuse, injury, disability, damage, any other serious risk, or loss incurred sustained by the participant or by any person in connection with the contest. All participants/winners assume all liability for any loss, injury, damage or claim that may arise from participating in the contest or use or redemption of any prize.