Our best selling Mumei Katana now has a partner, the Mumei Wakizashi!
In Japanese sword terminology, “mumei” refers to a sword with no signature of the swordsmith. Mumei also translate to “nameless”. Of all the swords we’ve designed, this is the only one that we weren’t able to name as there are just a lot of great names to use for this sword as suggested by our followers on Facebook.
• Blade Material: 2nd Gen 1045 carbon steel (purple-bluish coated mono-steel)
• Edge: Fully-sharpened
• Treatment: Hand Forged, Through Hardened, Heat Treated & Tempered, Water Quenched
• Blade Length: 18 inches
• Tsuka: 6.75 inches wood
• Overall length w/o saya: 26 inches
• Saya: 21.5 inches wood ishime finish (black pebbled)
• Tsuba / Fuchi / Kashira: Zinc alloy
• Habaki / Seppa / Menuki: Brass
• Tsukaito / Sageo: Black cotton
• Mekugi: 2 bamboo pegs
• Samegawa: Real black lacquered ray skin panels
• Nakago: Full tang
• Hamon: Wirebrushed notare (wave) pattern
• Specs may vary slightly from sword to sword
• Can be disassembled
• Includes cloth bag
• Packaging: carton box
The video below shows the difference in flexibility between the 1st Generation and 2nd Generation. The 2nd Gen is more flexible like a 1060 blade.