“Tora Katana 1050 Iaito Series”
Tora (Tiger) – Symbolizes invincibility, power and might. In Japan, the tiger is associated with passion, ferocity, sensuality, speed and beauty. The animal is also known for its cruelty and wrath. According to Japanese tradition if you see a tiger in a dream it denotes the coming of a new power your way.
• Blade Material: 1050 carbon steel (mono-steel)
• Edge: Non-sharpened
• Treatment: Hand Forged, Through Hardened, Heat Treated & Tempered, Water Quenched
• Overall Length w/ saya: 41 inches
• Blade Length: 27.75 inches
• Tsuka: 11.5 inches wood
• Saya: 29.25 inches matte black finish
• Tsuba / Fuchi / Kashira / Menuki: Zinc alloy
• Habaki / Seppa: Brass
• Tsukaito & Sageo: Light brown synthetic silk
• Mekugi: 2 bamboo pegs
• Samegawa: Real ray skin panels
• Nakago: Full tang
• Hamon: Wirebrushed notare (wave) pattern
• Specs may vary slightly from sword to sword
• Can be disassembled
• Includes cloth bag and carton box
Our 1050 Iaito Series are non-sharpened swords which are made the same way as our live blades, except the edge is dull. These swords are made specifically for practicing iai or kata with the same feel of a real sword without the risk of cutting or injuring yourself or someone else.
Our 1050 Iaito Series are designed after Japanese made iaito. They are fast and agile as the blade thickness near the habaki is about 5-6mm which is much thinner compared to our regular swords. You wouldn’t believe how lightweight these swords are.
(Sharpened version of this sword is also available)